Sunday, March 7, 2010

3D Anaglyph Spree!!!!

*Clearing throat* ahem..
Hello guys...long time no blog d.
Well, what drives me back to my blogging mood?
No doubt, it is the 3D world~
well, I believe all of you have heard of 3D picture or 3D anaglyph, or stereoscopy or whatever.
The basic concept of this term is actually applying our knowledge of how our eyes work with our brain, to create a 3-dimensional picture or photo on a 2D surface, which is on computer screen, movie, or a mere picture.
In other words, combination of 2 images (left eye perception and right eye perception).

I was hooked when I first stumbled upon an article about 3D imaging in the Star. And of course, I found it highly intriguing.
As you know, newspapers provides not much information. So, I consulted Mr.Internet.
First thing that appeared on my screen is "stereoscopy".
This is a technique of getting a 3-Dimension without a pair of 3D glasses. It requires a little bit of endurance..haha. What you need to do is just cross your eyes.

For beginners, it would be nauseous and causes eye pain but it is worth doing! Fortunately, when you are used to it, then it will be an ease for you, no nausea, no pain, no dizziness, no nothing.
Well, talk so much no use, I will show you examples...

-How to get a 3D image? very simple:
the left image is the what your left eye sees, and the right one is what is seen by your right eye.
Now, cross your eyes, until you can see 3 yellow cars.
The middle one is the combination of left eye and right eye images.
When you roughly get three pictures d, its time to focus and concentrate hard on the middle image.














See!? Cool right? so surreal and so magnificent...and yea, practise more to acquire this skill without feeling like vomiting.
The above one I got from the internet. I also took some...
My marching shoes xD














SFI Guys Toilet (clean right? hehe)













My house's living room...

Ok..enough. This is without 3D glasses.
(Dont blame me if anything happens to you, like you vomit or whatever. because your action is voluntary. I dont force you. Thanks)
Now..let's get on to the next level...
now you need a pair of 3D red/cyan glasses, not polarized one.
Here is how I construct my own 3D glasses:
You need 
1 red marker (red lens)
1 blue marker (cyan lens)
1 sheet of plastic (lenses)
1 cardboard (frame)

DONT LAUGH..I know they look suck..hehe. But it really works. A cheap and easy method.

Eh shit, its so late now...I gotta make fast to finish this post.
Alright alright, lets get on with it. 

Got from the net..




Self-made, my house living room. 
This is a technique of combining 2 images (left eye and right eye).
If you see it through 3D glasses, the Cyan image will be filtered by the cyan lense, whereas red one will be filtered by red lens. So it is like viewing a 3D one.
Well...this is harder to produce, but its easy with Photoshop~~ haha
Below are my practices:
.....
.....

Gaah..cant upload more pictures. Especially the one with my sister being the guinea pig..haha
Unfortunately, internet doesnt allow me to upload more...dunno why.
Since time is also apposing me in blogging longer and further..so I think it ends here. >.<

IF YOU HAVE 3D GLASSES, TELL ME WHERE TO BUY AND CAN LEND ME?? I WANT A PROPER PAIR!!!! XD (mine are lembik and scraggy)
Good night...I shall blog more about this in the next post.. see ya =D
thanks for reading till here.

No comments: