Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dota and Me


I had been quite a long period of time since I last played Dota. My friends and me decided to play back during this holiday. We karat ad.. T.T have to practice more.
Dota, what does it mean to me? Why did I stop Dota? Although I couldn't really give a definite answer, but I believe certain reasons contribute.
- Human factor. Elaboration is not available for this factor.
- PMR's approaching. A very original reason.
- Exclusive addiction leads to an opposite effect.

Well, last year, I was truly a DotA addict. The addiction was really very scary and terrible. It is too unbelievable to type it out, and it will definitely scare you and you shall faint. To prevent these unhappy things to happen, I decide not to describe how crazy I was.
If anybody out there ask me whether I feel regret, I would say no. I had sacrificed my time and I have got a very valuable lesson from it. The lesson is very meaningful to me. It fuels my rational thinking and I realize. So I will certainly not be a Dota addict anymore even during the end year holidays. Well, even if I want to, but my fear towards Dota addiction will stop me. So it is certainly a good thing. I don't feel a strong temptation from Dota like I used to do anymore.

All right, Dota has now evolved from an electronic computer game into an electronic social sport. We used to ask our friends: hey, wanna go for badminton tomorrow? But now we sometimes replace it as: hey, wanna have a game of DotA?
My teammates are Sau Man, Au Yong, Ryan, and Samuel. Sam, welcome back to DotA world =D
Finally we can stop thinking of recruitment...haha. I talk as if DotA is official. Well, we just do that for fun. And sometimes it can be really nice having 1 team of friends winning the game.

Well, now I have some comments for my team. Firstly, we don't really have a good teamwork, although we are attempting. As D0t@Player says, we need a good coordination of all allies on the map. We are not well coordinated, sometimes we were in a big mess when gank fight. We need to improve that. Secondly, our team spirit. It is very important. Maybe we are too immature to play Dota or what. Every game is attached with arguments among ourselves which sometimes lead us to emo. And yeah, our main objective as a team in Dota is the Frozen Throne, not the digits in the score board up there. Killing doesn't mean everything. So, stop thinking about your frag. In Dota, killing steal is unavoidable. So, don't take it hard, just let it be unless the ks-er has gone over his limit. And one more thing, are you what others say you as? If I say you are a noob, then you become angry, you are technically accepting the "fact". So please stop all your reaction towards the term "noob". I admit i am a noob =D.
Sau man, pardon me cuz I sometimes make you emo when I am your lane partner. :)
We will continue after PMR..hahaha


A screenshort from Dota!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Practice makes Imba!
Hope to play with you someday cause i'm noob too! haha

Sanyo Seiki

Wei Sheng 维升 said...

lol...that was the me 3 years ago.
how did u stumble upon this post? haha